This blog post gives advice regarding light on a laptop that is blinking and the computer not starting. It discusses what the two may mean together and how to fix it.
Blinking Orange Light Problem?
If you are experiencing a blinking orange light on your laptop and it is not starting up, there is a very good chance that the battery is out of power.
This is an easy problem to fix, but it can be frustrating if you don’t know how to do it.
Here is a guide on how to troubleshoot and fix the blinking orange light on a laptop.
First, try plugging your laptop into an electrical outlet to see if the problem goes away.
Related Guide: Laptop Turns OFF When Moved?
If the blinking orange light stays on, then your battery may not be working and you will need to replace it.
Next, try restarting your computer by pressing the power button for 30 seconds and then turning it on.
If that doesn’t work, try removing the battery and plugging in your laptop with the cord only.
If that doesn’t work, then your motherboard may need to be replaced.
Fix1: Power Cord Reset
When my laptop wouldn’t start up, the power cord was loose and I could tell because the orange light on the cord would blink. After reseating the power cord, my laptop started up again. This could be a quickfix if your laptop isn’t starting up or seems to be having trouble connecting to the power source.
Fix 2: Loose Battery Cable Connection
If your laptop is blinking the orange light and not starting up, it might be because of a loose battery cable connection. This is a common problem that can be fixed by following these steps:
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the laptop.
- Locate the battery cable connector on the motherboard.
- Reconnect the battery cable to the connector on the motherboard.
- Replace the AC adapter and battery on the laptop.
- Test the laptop by turning it on.
Fix 3: Loose Ac Adapter Connection
If you’re experiencing an Orange Light Blinking and your laptop not starting, it may be because of a loose AC adapter connection. Here’s how to fix it:
- Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop and plug it into another outlet.
- Check to see if the light is blinking on the adapter. If it is, there may be a loose connection between the adapter and the laptop.
- Reconnect the adapter and laptop with a strong cable.
- If the light is still blinking, it means that there’s a loose connection between your laptop and the adapter, due to damage or improper use of your laptop.
- If the light is still blinking, contact an authorized service center.
You can also remove the batteries, restart the machine, and follow the onscreen instructions
- If your laptop is blinking orange and not starting, there are a few things you can try. Remove the batteries and reinstall the software.
- Next, hold down the power button until it turns off again.
- You will likely need to remove your RAM stick and reinstall the battery pack.
- The laptop should then be able to start again.
There are a few potential causes for this type of problem, and each one can require a different solution. Some of the more common reasons your laptop may not start up are due to a virus or malware infection, a dead battery, or simply a broken component. If you’re experiencing these problems and aren’t sure what to do, we suggest checking out our handy guide on how to fix common laptop problems.
You can easily clean the top surface of your laptop keyboard by using a soft, lint-free cloth. Make sure to not get any liquid or oil on it, as this could cause damage.
To remove an annoying beeping sound, you’ll need to find out what’s triggering it. There are lots of different things that beeps and alerts can be, so it’s best to check each as you go. In the case of your laptop, there are a couple of ways to fix this problem. The first would be to update the operating system if you’re experiencing problems with Windows 7or later versions.
The orange light blinking and laptop not starting is a common issue that can occur with laptops.
Unfortunately, the cause of this issue is often difficult to pinpoint, and some cases may require a technician to diagnose the problem.
However, in most cases, a simple fix can be done by following some simple steps. If the issue persists, however, then a technician may be required to correct the problem.
If you encounter any problems after reading this guide, please let me know in the comments and I will assist you.