Laptops come with a variety of ports for connecting peripherals like monitors, printers, and other devices.
Many people never use the HDMI port because they think it’s only for viewing the video. In this article, we will show you how to use your laptop’s HDMI port as an input for devices like a keyboard and mouse!
What is a laptop HDMI port?
A laptop HDMI port is a type of port on a laptop that allows you to connect an HDMI cable to the port and use the laptop’s display as an input for your external camera or projector.
This is useful if you want to use your laptop as a desktop replacement, or if you just want to have extra display options while you work.
How to use a laptop HDMI port as an input?
If you have a laptop with an HDMI port and an external display, you can use it as an input for your computer. This means that you can use the laptop’s screen to view images or videos from your external display.
To do this, you’ll need to first connect your external display to the laptop’s HDMI port.
- Then, open up the Windows operating system on your computer and find the ” Display” control panel.
- Under “Output Type,” select “HDMI.”
- Next, click on the “Advanced” button and select “Port Multiplier.”
- In this window, you’ll need to set the “Input Source” to “DPMS.”
- Finally, set the “Output Resolution” to “1920×1080.”
Now, when you want to use the laptop’s screen as an input for your external display, just open up a video or image file on your computer and click on the “Display” button in Windows’ “Display” control panel.
You’ll then be able to view the file on your external display without having to use a separate device like a monitor or projector.
Related Guide: Play PS4 On A Laptop Screen With HDMI
Different types of laptop HDMI ports?
There are different types of laptop HDMI ports, depending on their function. Below is a brief summary of each type:
1. Mini DisplayPort: This is the most common type of laptop HDMI port, and it’s used for displaying video from your computer onto an external display.
2. Thunderbolt: This type of port is new to laptops, and it’s used for connecting high-speed devices like video cameras and hard drives. Thunderbolt can also be used to display video from your computer on an external display.
3. DisplayPort: This is a newer type of port, and it’s used for connecting various monitors together. DisplayPort can also be used to send video from your computer to an external display.
A. There are a few ways to use your laptop as a monitor for your PlayStation 4. One option is to use an external display device, such as an HDMI monitor. Another option is to connect your laptop to your PlayStation 4 using a cable.
A. Yes, HDMI can be input and output.
A. The maximum resolution that can be output by your laptop with HDMI is 1920×1080.
A. HDMI with Ethernet is an optional feature that allows you to connect your PlayStation 4 to your network and access the Internet.
Read ALso: Play PS4 On A Laptop Screen With HDMI
HDMI ports are powerful tools that can be used for a variety of purposes. In this article, we will teach you how to use your laptop’s HDMI port as an input for devices like video game controllers and external displays.
By following these steps, you will be able to enjoy your multimedia content in a more immersive way and increase the functionality of your laptop overall.
So if you have ever wanted to use your laptop’s HDMI port for something other than just displaying pictures or videos, read on and learn how!